Khái niệm chung
Cardiovascular disease is a term for a range of diseases that affect the heart and blood vessels. These diseases stop the heart from working properly and can be fatal. The most common cardiovascular diseases are coronary heart disease, stroke and peripheral vascular disease.
Cardiovascular diseases are common and cause 27% of deaths in Australia. More people die from these diseases than any other disease.
All Australians need to take steps to reduce their risk of cardiovascular disease. There are many lifestyle factors that increase your risk, but the good news is they are mostly preventable. The best way to reduce your risk is to:
- Thực hiện chế độ ăn uống lành mạnh – talk to your GP about what this means
- Tập thể dục đều đặn – aim for 30 minutes every day
- Get enough sleep – try to get 7 to 8 hours every night
- Reduce foods high in fat and sugar – avoid processed foods
- Limit alcohol – stick to the recommended daily amount
- Bỏ thuốc lá – phone 13QUIT to get started
If you are at risk of cardiovascular disease, your GP will talk to you about how to reduce your risk and stay healthy.